Fred Olsen felt that the time was right to carry out an independent survey, in which they found that people between 50 and 59 years old will be looking to spend money on a cruise. This seemed perfect timing, seeing as though this month around 18 million people will gain access to around 25 per cent of their state pension, and so might be looking to book a cruise with the lump sum of money.
Also in the survey 79% of those people that responded said they would be looking to spend at least £10,000 per person on the ultimate travel experience, although around 15% said they were prepared to spend £20,000 per person, which is a huge sum of money.
In light of this, Fred Olsen has highlighted the world’s top 50 experiences, and all of them can be experienced by going on a cruise with Fred Olsen. You can see all fifty here, although to make your decision process a little easier, they have also underlined the best 10 places that you need to go visit.
Those top ten are:
- 1. Discover the beauty of the cascading Victoria Falls in Africa
- 2. Go in search of the ‘Northern Lights’ in Norway
- 3. Cruise the Mississippi aboard a traditional steamboat in the USA
- 4. Discover their grace and beauty, as you swim with dolphins in the Caribbean
- 5. Visit the ancient Land of the Pharaohs on a trip to the Valley of the Kings in Egypt
- 6. Travel through the clouds and the tree tops of the Esperanza forests for views of the lunar landscape of Mount Teide in Tenerife
- 7. Experience the sounds and speed of the Monaco Grand Prix in France
- 8. Enjoy panoramic views on a cable car ride to the top of South Africa’s Table Mountain
- 9. Uncover the ancient wonder that is Machu Picchu in South America
- 10. Let loose and enjoy the fun of the Mardi Gras in New Orleans, USA
Take a look in the link above to choose your top destinations from the choice of 50.